Monday, March 10, 2008

Aaron Poole Rode with Me Today

Omaha, Neb. With the warm weather returning and winter indoor training rides thankfully coming to an end, cyclists are now shifting focus to races in the near future.

This past weekend, Lincoln Industries' Aaron Poole and Mike Munson and Team Kaos' Bryan Redemske and John Fairbanks joined little known 30-something age grouper, triathlete and self-proclaimed cat-6 rider Brady Murphy on one of his early spring group rides.

"Yeah. It was pretty cool," said Murphy. "I like, um, read this blog about a group ride on Sunday and I showed up and all of these people rode with me. I may be wrong, but I think Aaron Poole was impressed simply by the way he was eying Old Yeller." Murphy went on to say that it's not uncommon for people to have Old-Yeller envy. "I see it all the time. They're like, 'What is that thing you're riding?!'. For the record, it's my younger brother's hand down 1999 GT ZR4000 that I did a little number on."

Murphy and company went on to ride 75 miles in overcast skies with temperatures hovering at 30 F.

No comments:

Post a Comment