Sunday, September 16, 2007

2007 Omaha Corporate Cup 10K

This year's Corporate Cup 10k was the watermark event for many local competitive runners. It was for me at least.


Take a look at that fella in the front row!

On a redesigned and even flatter 10K course with near ideal racing conditions, I set a new personal 10K record.

I had little idea that I would run like this. I thought I'd do well, but a PR?

You see, this year I cut my running training mileage in half to cross train for triathlons. But while swimming has helped cardio strength and riding has maintained endurance & leg strength, I was clueless about pace since I haven't run a pure foot race since my last marathon.

What's more is that it actually felt good. In fact, I've done training runs that hurt a lot more. Relaxed for the first three miles, I didn't start laboring until the 6th mile. There might have even been smiles on my face from time to time.

4 comments:

  1. whoa, dude. That's quick. Blows my PR away. Munson and I were talking about the race today before the ride. I mentioned the only time I ran it (2004), it was hot as balls and windy. Today would have been quick.

    congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did that red arrow follow you the whole way? Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concept is not unlike like NASCAR's raceview coverage, only it's provided by the World Herald and the paper medium isn't very flexible to real-time data.

    If real-time, the arrow would follow me step for step...even as you drink your coffee and browse your Sunday paper. You would also get telemetric data like my heart rate, footsteps per minute, GI disturbances...the possibilities are endless.

    But for now, it's static. Aside from than that, it's exactly 100% identical.

    I am not affiliated with Nascar Trackpass

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's like the arby's sign. we now know when brady wants to run, there will be an arrow above his head.

    ReplyDelete