Saturday, December 1, 2007

I, Locutus

I'm being assimilated.

Being clipped into the Cervelo P2sL with a cyclo-computer and wearing a heart rate monitor, I couldn't help but feeling assimilated today during a 60 minute interval workout on the trainer.

And of course, the BORG was present: the G.Borg's perceived exertion and pain scales.
My first contact with the Borg RPE came during a six session stress test conducted by my friend and fellow triathlete Jorge at UNO last winter. It was quite an experience. Stationery bike, lactic acid blood sticks, and a darth vadar mask to capture my V02 max. I felt like crying at the end of each of those workouts. But I got good metrics from it. Thanks Jorge!

Today's encounter with the Borg wasn't much better.

Today's Trainer Workout
10 minutes spin warmup
6 x 3 minutes at 90% max BPM w/3 minute recovery at < 65%
10 minutes spin cooldown

Comments:
Watching Ironman Hawaii during workout was helpful
Having the fan behind me was a bad idea. Pits really stink.
I think that I've got Picard's nose & I hear voices in my head from time to time. Maybe I'll go for the bald look...

No comments:

Post a Comment