Monday, November 5, 2007

Steel-Cut Goodness

I never skip breakfast.

Lots of times, it's toast with marmalade, or a solitary pop-tart washed down by hot inky coffee. That's enough to make me happy.

But if I've got a the time, then steel-cut Irish Oats are where it's at. Slow-cooked for twenty minutes, this wholesome treat breaks the fast with a snappy bite. It's got attitude and texture, not like that mushy instant stuff. It's nutty and will stick to your ribs. Add raisins, brown sugar and chopped walnuts and you've got the perfect meal on a cold autumn morning.

What I desire to produce here at WSCG is not unlike these steel cut oats. This blog requires a measure of patience to deal with my stubborn Irish heritage. And just like these oats, I tend to have some bite and can be a tad nutty, too. Still, my viewpoints can be as warm and sweet as melted brown sugar. Of course, it aught to have some substance to stick around for awhile.

Yes indeed. Pull up a chair and enjoy another helping of Wholesome, Steel-Cut Goodness.

1 comment:

  1. I've said it already, but I'll do it again -- hooray for warm breafast cereals! And also for the main ingredient in oatmeal-raisin cookies! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete