Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bound Up

84º F with 74% humidity. Feels like 103º F. As you know, it's been like that here in tropical Omaha, lately.

In these balmy conditions, the sweat flings off your body like rain and your fingers end up like prunes at the end of a long run. Riding only leaves you saturated from head to toe. Good grief.

I am wondering if this massive amount of fluid loss is contributing to a case of constipation. Hmmmm. It's either that or the cheese I've been eating.

"I've been bound up lately. It's driving me crazy. I've been eating a lot of cheese for some reason...I don't know, I can't get enough cheese. I feel like a big mouse." (Uncle Buck).

What else could it be?

Due to time constraints, I've been focusing more on running recently. 14 miles on Saturday, nine in the mid-day swelter of Monday and eight more at the track Tuesday has poured the life out of my legs and body.

Last night's production call didn't finish until 2am. What a kludge...got four hours of sleep, skipped the morning swim and left the p2sl at home. Work calls.

So let's see: heat + humidity + 31 miles the hard way + sleep loss + work stress + cheese = constipation.

I dunno, but I still think it's just the cheese. It's gotta be.

"I got a craving for the stuff. Do you think maybe that's an allergy?" (Buck)

I hope to drop a blog later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment